This little lovely drink has been said to:
- Turmeric milk helps build immunity.
- Gives relief from a cough and cold.
- It is a good remedy for digestive problems.
- It is a liver tonic.
- It is an excellent blood purifier.
- Clarifies the skin.
- Gives relief from autoimmune diseases.
2 cups almond milk (or nut milk or choice)
1 tablespoon honey (using local is preferred)
1 tablespoon coconut oil (refined tolerates heat)
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 cinnamon stick or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
small pinch of black pepper and grated ginger
Pour all ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a light boil. Whisk to combine ingredients. Reduce heat to low and simmer for up to 10 minutes. Strain the milk if you have large pieces of ginger, cinnamon, peppercorns, etc. To serve, add honey or a dash of cinnamon.